We wanted to make sure to highlight these important tips for any bridesmaid, flower girl, mother-of-the-brideetc., getting her hair professionally done on the wedding day.
This should help you be prepared when you get that email from the bride asking if you want your hair done… or not!
This excerpt is from our full interview with Lauren Vears of Mitchell John Salon in Boston. Please make sure to check out the full interview for more!
From the Expert! Tips for Bridesmaids Getting their Hair Done:
- Bring pictures! From a magazine or even on your phone!
Search for girls who have similar hair textures and length as you do.
Be realistic when looking for pictures. If your pin straight locks don’t hold a curl normally – they won’t on a wedding day either.
- Day dirty hair is best for Updos. I usually recommend blow-drying your hair the afternoon before the big day.
- If you’re getting a blow out, you will be most likely prompted to shower when your stylist is ready to do your hair (if she’s doing the hair at the hotel.)
- If you’re having a hair trial done [before the wedding day], bring your veil or any hair clips or gems you would like to try to add to your hairstyle.
- Commit ahead of time to having your hair done or not. Don’t change your mind the day-of, as this is tough on the hairdresser, and the scheduling for the day.
- If you’re doing your own hair, bring the supplies you will need (curling iron, flat iron, hairspray, bobby pins, etc.)
Featured Top Photo Credit: Hair style by Lauren! Photo: Organic Photography